Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa Hotel Environment Policy
As a first class hotel operator, Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa Hotel recognizes that our operation has an effect on local, regional, country environment and the earth. As the result, the management is committed to continue improvement in environmental practice and pollution prevention. Base on environmental regulations, laws, code of practice, hotel will set the minimum standard of environmental performance.
Overview of the Strategy and Action Plan
Our approach is guided by a number of principles which all employees (hotel and support center) are required to support.
Management System / Communication
● Activity is lead by the Group of 5 employees-representing all levels of management including General Manager acting as the committee coordinator and having responsibility for managing the work of committee.
● 4 nominated Green Coordinators (a member of the hotel management team) who supports the hotel GM in the implementation of initiatives, and the delivery of hotel based activity aimed at achieving targeted improvements.
● The Green Leaf Grading system will be used as a basis for setting improvement targets, and measuring progress across all areas covered by the policy. Tables will be published showing and based on scores plans.
● Employee encouragement is critical to success of this policy and the sharing of best practice and successes.
● Hotel notice board and internal tools will be used as way for communication.
● Mechanical and Electrical maintenance contracts schedule placing responsibilities on the contractor and employee to identify the equipment operating at low efficiency, and to advise of further measures that may reduce energy consumption. (Preventive Maintenance contracts schedule are in place for all major plant and critical operating equipment.) Contractor performance is reviewed regularly.
● Additional audits are conducted by external providers eg EGAT to specify opportunities to reduce consumption, and to improve process.
● Electrical fittings and consumables are purchased with regard to ‘efficiency’
● Improvement will be delivered through awareness programs, flow restriction technology, excess capacity reduction and infrastructure maintenance.
● Targets will be set for the reduction of our landfill waste output and for the increased use of recycling where commercially viable.
● The use of print paper and ink will be reduced through the continued development of our IT infrastructure and improved staff awareness.
● Suppliers are encouraged to have a valid and active environmental policy. When dealing with our suppliers, we are increasingly including elements of sustainability and environmental awareness.
● Staffs are encouraged to use hotel transport whenever possible.
● Regular maintenance of hotel vehicles will be operated as schedule for efficiency.
● The Executive Team are committed to the implementation of this policy and will give full backing to all those authorized to carry it out.
● Employee involvement in environmental matters is encouraged at all levels and we will be promoted though training, communication and the on-going reappraisal of our working routines.
● Support local community and participation in environmental development program are included.
● Adhere to safety regulation and adopt best viable practice.